At The London Migraine Clinic we are world pioneers in the first medical research to treat migraines with Daith Piercing.
The Daith Piercing passes through a very small area of the ear innervated by the auricular branch of the Vagus Nerve, part of our autonomic nervous system that helps control pain. This area is easily missed by cosmetic piercers who have little or no medical knowledge or qualifications. As the only medical clinic offering Daith Piercing for migraines, our research is used in a specialist consultation and examination to pierce the point that will give you the best results.
- If you are unlucky enough to get no response at all – Around 20% of people do not respond at all to a Daith Piercing. The reasons for this are not understood and we are researching why this happens. If this happens to you:-
- We will take the entire cost of the piercing (excluding the upgrade cost of any extra jewellery) from the cost of a first Botox treatment for migraines with Dr Blatchley.
- If you respond to a Daith Piercing but the improvement in your migraines is not as good as you had hoped – a second piercing may help. There is no treatment that can guarantee to control migraines completely or permanently. If only there were!!
- If you have had a response from the first piercing but find it’s is not as effective as you were hoping, you can consider a second piercing which will be offered at a specially reduced price (see prices page)
- Alternatively, we will take the entire cost of the first piercing (excluding the upgrade cost of any extra jewellery) from the cost of a first Botox treatment for migraines with Dr Blatchley.
We are committed to giving you a premium medical service, where you will benefit from all our specialist medical expertise and research. We are passionate about reducing the suffering from migraines and believe that Daith Piercing is an effective and safe procedure that will become a standard medical treatment